For a sustainable lifestyle
Celebrating its 15th anniversary in November 2020, eneloop combines the power and convenience of dry batteries with the eco-friendly cost efficiency of rechargeables. Every time you reuse eneloop, you’re not only saving money, you’re saving our beautiful blue planet.
Rechage Up to 2,100 times
Each time you recharge, you’re saving on the cost of replacement batteries and reducing waste at the same time.
- * Battery life based on testing method established by IEC 61951-2 2011 (22.214.171.124). Varies according to conditions of use.
- ** IEC 61951-2 2017 (126.96.36.199).
Save Real Money
Including charger and electricity, eneloop saves you about US$20 annually running just one game controller**. Before eneloop replacement, you’ll have saved hundreds.
- ** Based on a game controller with 4 x AA batteries playing for two hours per day for one year. Dry batteries total cost US$48.70 operated for 30 hours (24.33 purchases required/year). eneloop operation costs US$30.10 operated for 25 hours, with 29.2 charges required. Includes average cost of charger and electricity.
Every time you recharge, you’re saving a battery from the trash, reducing your impact on the environment. It will be the last battery you buy in a long time.
The eneloop advantage
Dry-battery vs. eneloop
Especially in high-current devices, eneloop offers better discharge than dry batteries at a stable voltage.
Voltage change compared with dry–cell batteries
Under a continuous discharge at 500 mA, 25 °C
A Deeper Reserve of Power
A digital camera equipped with eneloop can take nearly four-and-a-half times as many shots as one equipped with a standard alkaline dry cell.
Digital camera shots with eneloop vs. dry cell
Longer life and better reliability - eneloop managed 4.4 times* more shots vs. Alkaline
- * Based on Panasonic internal testing of AA size eneloop and conventional alkaline. Results may vary depending on equipment used and other conditions.
Retains 70 %* capacity after ten years in storage*
By improving the metal-hydride alloy lattice, eneloop retains 70%* capacity even after 10 years in storage.
High performance in tough conditions
Maintains high performance throughout a wide -20 °C to 50 °C temperature range*4. Great for outdoor activities such as skiing or hiking!
Unlike other batteries, eneloop delivers excellent performance at 0 ℃ and can even be used in temperatures as low as -20 ℃
- * Operation time will be shorter than that at room temperature. Operating time varies according to equipment.
Discharging characteristics at 0 ℃ (500 mA continuous discharge)
- Note:Operation time will be shorter than that at room temperature, Operating time varies according to equipment.